Nyheter Artiklar Bloggar Forum Bilder Annonser Recensioner Länkar Kalender Medlemmar Din sida Om... 
Bevakningar   Inställningar   Sök i forum   Forumregler

Gå tillbaka   Sysidans forum > Symaskiner > Allmänt om symaskiner
Registrera Dagens inlägg Markera forum som lästa

Notiser

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Sök i detta ämne Betygsätt ämne Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2016-01-18, 18:28   #1
anaceciliamb anaceciliamb är inte uppkopplad

Husqvarna, Janome or Brother?

Hi!

Can someone out there give me a little help on which sewing machine to buy? I tried to go through the forum, but I'm poor with my Swedish

I've spent hooours putting up a shortlist of the machines I'm considering, and those are:

- Husqvarna Viking 100Q
- Janome DC 2030
- Brother Innov-is 15
- Brother DS-120

I've read a lot that Janome and Brother are becoming the strongest and most reliable brands, but I can't find solid reviews on those machines in the lsit. On the other hand, I've read some good reviews on the Husqvarna 100Q. I just can't decide! Help?!

Thank you, guys!

/Ana
anaceciliamb är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2016-01-18, 20:46   #2
monikaw monikaw är inte uppkopplad

Smile

Hi Ana,

The absolutely best thing is to try the machines you are interested in out for yourself before you buy one. A good place to try machines out is a crafting fair like "Syfestivalen" that is held in Borås, Malmö Stockholm and Göteborg. They also often offer good fair prices.

If you look at the warranty Janome is the on that offers the longest one with five years.

When I got my machine I was set to get a Brother but then I got a great deal on a used Janome so I went for the Janome because of the pricing. Husqvarna was never an option for me since we never get along, lol. But I know that there is people that love their Husqvarna.

I prefer a heavy machine because it is a good sing of quality and it does not move around when you use it. Heavy = metal, light = plastic. Plastic breaks more often than metal. On the other hand if you have to move around the machine a lot you might consider a light one anyway. A light plastic machine can not always sew though heavy fabric like layers of jeans. But if you are going to sew in lighter materials like curtains and pillow cases and stuff like that it does not matter.

I hope I did not confuse your choice of machine. And hope you find the one that is right for you.
monikaw är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2016-01-18, 22:47   #3
anaceciliamb anaceciliamb är inte uppkopplad

Hi Monika!

Thanks a lot for your answer! I do agree that heavier machines are a sign of quality. I have an old Husqvarna 2000 and, boy, she is a strong one!

This time I'm looking for better mobility, since mine weights 300 kilos. But I still want quality! I love your suggestion about going to the syfestivalen and trying them out, since one really can't tell just by browsing online. It's still one whooooooole month away, but I can do it!

But I'm guessing that from these 4 you'd go for the Janome?
anaceciliamb är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2016-01-19, 09:16   #4
monikaw monikaw är inte uppkopplad

Actually between those four machines without trying them out I would go for the Brother DS-210 since it have best in test reviews from Ica Kuriren and Brother NV 55 and NV 15 got the best test results in Råd och Rön.

Yeah I hear ya 300kg is a bit to much to carry around, my machine "only" weight around 12kg.

Good luck trying out machines
monikaw är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Svara

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är av
HTML-kod är av

Alla tider är GMT +1. Klockan är nu 19:49.