Visa ett inlägg
Gammal 2013-03-02, 20:49   #1
elembee elembee är inte uppkopplad

A simple, inexpensive machine I can get in Sweden...

Hello.

I'm new in Sweden and left my sewing machine back in North America. Now that I'm here, I am missing it! So, I'll probably buy one. I am not an expert sewer by any means. I just want an inexpensive machine to use on some fairly basic sewing projects. I don't imagine I'll need any fancy stitches (I don't know their names or what to use them for anyway!). I'll probably sew things like cloth baby wipes, cloth diaper liners &/or covers (of thinner fabrics), trouser hems, pillow covers, maybe some simple baby tunics...

I'd like to cap my spending at 1000 SEK and preferably stay well under that. I don't have funds for anything more than that.

I don't know all of the brands of machines in Europe. Back home, I had a Brother XR-7700. It was a nice machine -- and had way more functions that I can imagine using.

Which machine(s) would you suggest, that I can buy in Sweden? I am even thinking of trying one of those "mini" sewing machines. An old used machine would be OK, too. I'm in the Uppsala area, so I can look into sewing shops here. (If I can find them!)

Thank you for your guidance to this newcomer!
elembee är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat